In these Terms & Conditions, the “Organiser”, “Organisation”, “Us”, “Our”, or “We” means GSUKCO Limited and “Event” shall mean the event, exhibition or show printed on the ticket you have purchased through this website or any ticketing agent(s) engaged by Us.
In addition to those terms and conditions outlined below, all attendee of the Event are also required to read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions outlined by Tele Ticket Service here.
Tickets to this Event are issued by the Organiser and are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- SALE OF TICKETS AND EVENT ADMISSION
- Please examine your tickets carefully upon receipt as mistakes cannot be rectified, exchanged or monies refunded at a later date.
- Tickets you purchase are for personal use. Tickets must not be resold at a higher price than face value. Organiser has the right to cancel tickets that have been resold at a higher price without prior notification and the holder may be refused entry.
- Tickets cannot be resold for commercial gain. If we have reason to believe that tickets have been re-sold, they will be invalidated, and the holder will be refused admission.
- Nobody will be allowed admission to the Event without a valid ticket or pass. Ticket holder’s age restricted to 16 years and older. Proof of age and government-issued ID card may be requested upon admission to the Event.
- The ticket is proof of purchase of the above event and must be presented at the time of admission.
- For the safety of people at the Event, the venue Organiser and the Organiser reserve the right to refuse admission and conduct security searches as they deem appropriate.
- Defaced or altered tickets or passes will become void and the holder will be refused admission.
- We may restrict the sale of tickets to a maximum number per person (allocation). We reserve the right to cancel tickets bought in excess of this allocation.
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter or vary the content or timing of any part of the Event in circumstances beyond its reasonable control without any obligation to make any refunds or exchange tickets.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder any person appearing to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, is showing signs of Covid-19 including a high temperature or a persistent cough, refuses to wear a mask when required to do so (unless they are unable to do so due to an underlaying health condition) that is or otherwise behaving dangerously or inappropriately, for any other behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance and annoyance or for failure to comply with the reasonable request of the Organiser. The Organiser also reserves the right to refuse admission, and to request any ticket holder to leave our building at any time. For example, if a ticket holder appears to be under the influence of drink and/or drugs and/or is acting aggressively, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, the ticket holder may be refused admission.
- Neither the Organiser nor the venue operator will be responsible for any loss, damage, death or injury howsoever caused unless (i) the relevant party has breached its legal obligations; and (ii) such loss or damage is a direct and reasonably foreseeable result of the breach. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organiser will not be responsible for the actions of any third party, including, but not limited to, the exhibitors.
- All persons in an Event venue must follow the instructions of any officials of Organiser. Any persons in breach of this clause may be removed from the premises.
- COVID-19 SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- You acknowledge that the event may be scheduled to be held, or will be held, during a time at which one or more local Government directions or regulations may be in force regarding the number of persons attending an event (or the holding of the event itself). If that is the case, then the number of persons permitted to be in or around the Venue may be affected, resulting in the Seller (or See Tickets, on behalf of the Seller) being required to or deciding to:
a. cancel or postpone the event;
b. reduce the number of persons who may attend the event;
c. change your seating allocation; and/or
d. change any standing or seating configurations for attendance at the event;
in which case you may receive a refund in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to comply with all Government directions, orders and regulations relevant to attending live events, which may be in place at the time of the event.
- If you are attending the event as part of a group, as the primary ticket purchaser, you are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group. In the event you are contacted directly by the Government, including the Department of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, you must: (a) make the contact details of your group available to the Government (if you have the consent of each group member to do so); or (b) contact each member of your group, and request that they provide their contact details to the Government directly.
- If you are purchasing more than one (1) ticket, you, as the main booker will receive the confirmation and an email to personalise the tickets. You will be required to enter the email address(es) of your friend(s) or family or whom you purchase the tickets on behalf of, so they will receive an email to personalise their own ticket. All such personal information of the ticket holders may be shared with the Government or the Department of Health if required.
- All attendees in your group, including yourself, must commit to stopping the spread of COVID-19. If at the time of the event, either you, or any other members of your group are feeling unwell or are subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period, you agree not to attend the event. If you do attend the event, you agree to assume all risk associated with COVID-19.
- CANCELLED/RE-SCHEDULED EVENTS
- It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled or re-scheduled and the date and time of any re-scheduled event. Where an event is cancelled or re-scheduled, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you using the details you provided us with at the time of ordering. We do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- If the Event is rescheduled or moved, the Organiser will give you the options of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, receiving a credit voucher or donating your ticket as a support to the Organisation or a monetary refund on your tickets if you are unable to attend the rescheduled Event. Tickets for events which have been rescheduled as a result of the coronavirus will remain valid for the later date, provided that the event is rescheduled for a date no more than 26 months from the original one. If the ticket holder is unable to attend on the new date of the rescheduled event, the ticket holder will notify the Organizer within a reasonable time. The holder of the ticket is then entitled to credit equal to the original ticket price, including booking or service fees. The value of this credit can be used to purchase a ticket for another event of the Organizer for a minimum of 24 months after issue. The validity period will be stated on the voucher. If the ticket holder cannot use the credit, the ticket holder will notify the Organizer within a reasonable time. In that case, the ticket holder is entitled to a monetary refund of the original ticket price.
- If the Event is cancelled, you may be offered the option to transfer your ticket to a future event or a monetary refund on your tickets. For tickets for events that were cancelled due to the coronavirus (i.e. could not be rescheduled within the 26-month period), the holder of that ticket is entitled to credit equal to the original ticket price, including booking or service charge. This credit can be used to purchase a ticket for another event of the organizer for a minimum of 12 months after issue. The validity period will be stated on the voucher. If the ticket holder cannot use the credit, the ticket holder will notify the organizer within a reasonable time. In that case, the ticket holder is entitled to a monetary refund of the original ticket price.
Subject to the above clauses, in case the monetary refund option has been elected by the ticket holder, ticket holder is required to submit required information to Organiser within sixty (60) days from the original date of the rescheduled or cancelled event for the refund request to be processed and issued. The entire refund process will take up to thirty  days from the date the Organiser receives the full and complete information as required from the Customer to process the refund. Ticket price will be refunded back to the Customer via the payment method you have provided to the Organiser within the said timeframe. .
- If the Event is rescheduled, changed, moved or cancelled, the Organiser cannot be held responsible for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation and other related goods, services or compensation.
- It is your responsibility to inform us of any change to the contact address, telephone number or email address you provide us with at the time of ordering.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the start and finish times of any performance.
- Artists, programme and performance details are correct at the time of sale or print publication, but changes may be unavoidable.
You can access the refund policy set by Tele Ticket Service here.
- SEATING ARRANGEMENTS
The Organiser reserves the right to change the seating arrangements in the performance areas due to unforeseen circumstances. All ticket holders that these changes affect will be notified when practicably possible.
- PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO RECORDING
Patrons must not take any unauthorised audio, video, photographic or digital recording apparatus of any kind into any of the performance areas, nor make any audio, video or photographic recordings of any kind. The Organiser reserves the right to confiscate any unauthorised audio, video and photographic recordings.
- Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. Unless otherwise stated in this clause, our and the venue’s liability to you in connection with the event (including in the event of cancellation or rescheduling) shall be limited to the ticket price paid by you including the per ticket booking fee.
- Neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including you) or property howsoever caused (including by us and/or by event partner(s)): (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by us or the venue; (b)in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence); or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or any terms and conditions of the event partner(s).
- Visitors may be filmed, photographed or sound recorded for broadcast, publication or security purposes whilst at the Event by the Organiser and our trusted sponsors and partners.
- It is a condition of your admission to the Event that no commercial (non-private) use may be made by you of the Event or any part of it.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring animals to the Event.
- Video and sound recordings are not permitted in theatrical and performance areas of the Event unless written permission is provided by the Organiser.