News

Wilnis tells Simon Marcus: “This time it's personal”

Published on Apr 18, 2017
Wilnis Article.jpg

Middleweight champion Jason Wilnis says his upcoming GLORY 40 COPENHAGEN rematch with Simon Marcus is “personal”.

Wilnis (30-6-1, 8 KO's) took the belt from Marcus (45-3-2, 24 KO's) at GLORY 33 NEW JERSEY late last year, the fight ending in the third round following Wilnis scoring three consecutive knockdowns on the defending champion. 

In January, Wilnis made his first defense of the belt, headlining GLORY 37 LOS ANGELES with a win over Israel Adesanya. Occupying a front-row seat was Marcus; he tried to stare Wilnis down as the Dutch fighter made his entrance and then spent the duration of the fight berating him at volume. 

“He was yelling a lot of things, people told me about it and I saw it afterwards in the video [of the fight]. I heard something but [I thought] that was just the fans. Haters... when I am the champ he is going to hate me of course because I beat him up,” says Wilnis.

“For me [fighting is] all business but this time it is personal because he was talking a lot and acting tough [in Los Angeles], but he is not in the position to act tough. Simon know your place, know your space. I'm the champ now.” 

Wilnis and Marcus will headline GLORY 40 COPENHAGEN at Forum Copenhagen on Saturday, April 29. It is just over six months since they first fought and Wilnis is confident this fight will end even more emphatically than the first one.

“This time I am going to KO him. Last time, the referee saved him. You can see the difference in power [between us]. It won't last five rounds for sure.”

Tickets for GLORY 40 COPENHAGEN are available now via http://bit.ly/GLORY40tix


GO BACK
Comments
comments powered by Disqus
GLORY POLL
Who will win the featherweight contender tournament at GLORY 43?